According to statistics released today, unemployment nationally rose in the 3 months between January 2013 and March 2013.
Key facts from the latest Labour Market Statistics published on Wednesday 18th April 2012
- Unemployment is 2,650,000, down 16,000 on last month's published figure, and the unemployment rate is 8.3%, down 0.1 percentage points on last month.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,613,000, up 3,600, and the claimant rate is 4.9%.
- Youth unemployment (not including students) is 719,000, down 11,000 on the quarter, 9.8% of the youth population (down
- 0.1 percentage points on the quarter). Youth unemployment (including students) is 1,033,000, down, 9,000 on the quarter.
- There are 5.6 unemployed people per vacancy. Inclusion estimates this figure will continue to rise to 5.7.
- The employment rate is 70.4% (up 0.1 percentage points on last month's published figure and up 0.1 percentage points on the preferred quarterly measure).
For the full ONS Economic and Labour Market Review, published April 2012 see the document below.